Bronson Battle Creek Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment
Bronson Battle Creek Hospital, a member of Bronson Healthcare system, conducted this Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to further its commitment to the community and to fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
2019 CHNA Results & Progress Report
For the purposes of this CHNA, the definition of community is all residents of Calhoun County, Michigan. In fall 2018, the Regional Health Alliance and The Coordinating Council convened a group of stakeholders to prepare the 2019 Calhoun County CHNA. This CHNA was completed and approved by Bronson Healthcare’s Board of Directors in December 2019. Data on health needs were derived using the following methods:
- Data gathered and analyzed from secondary sources such as US Census, Michigan Department of Community Health, and Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Community Services
- Focus groups with participants from vulnerable populations
- Community input town hall meeting
- Key informant interviews with representatives of the community with unique knowledge of health issues affecting the community
This data was analyzed to identify the top health needs of residents of Calhoun County:
- Social Determinants
- Behavioral Health
- Access to (Care) Health Services
- Maternal, Fetal and Infant Health
- Exercise, Nutrition and Weight
- Chronic Disease
- Wellness & Lifestyle
- Age and Gender Disparities
- Family Planning
Read the complete 2019 Calhoun County CHNA report.
Read the 2020-2022 Community Health Implementation Plan
Read Bronson Battle Creek Hospital's Progress Report from the 2016 Community Health Implementation Plan.
If you have any questions or comments about the Community Health Needs Assessments, please email CHEI@bronsonhg.org or contact Beth Washington, vice president of community health, equity and inclusion, at (269) 341-8672 or email@example.com.