Bronson LakeView Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment
Bronson LakeView Hospital, a member of the Bronson Healthcare system, conducted this Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to further its commitment to the community and to fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
2019 CHNA Results & Progress Report
For the purposes of this CHNA, the definition of community is all residents of Van Buren County, Michigan. This CHNA began in January 2019 and was completed and approved by Bronson Healthcare’s Board of Directors in December 2019. The CHNA was conducted by Bronson Community Health staff who engaged local organizations in the data collection. Data on health needs were derived using the following methods:
- Data gathered and analyzed from secondary sources such as US Census, Michigan Department of Community Health, and Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Community Services
- Focus groups with participants from vulnerable populations
- Key informant interviews with representatives of the community with unique knowledge of health issues affecting the community
This data was analyzed to identify the top health needs of residents of Van Buren County (in no ranking order):
- Laws and Policies
- Personal Experiences of Classism
- Social Supports
- Proximity to Healthy Food and Food Security
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Access to Services
- Experiences of Toxic Stress and Trauma
- Community Connectedness
- Community Development and Capacity Building
- Social Services
- Income and Poverty
Read the complete 2019 Van Buren County CHNA report. (revised 2.20.20)
Read the 2020-2022 Community Health Implementation Plan
Read Bronson LakeView Hospital's Progress Report from the 2016 Community Health Implementation Plan.
If you have any questions or comments about the Community Health Needs Assessments, please email CHEI@bronsonhg.org or contact Beth Washington, vice president of community health, equity and inclusion, at (269) 341-8672 or email@example.com.