The American Cancer Society's Freshstart Smoking Cessation program is delivered over four separate sessions in a two-week period. Each class has a topic and focus for discussion. Participants should be prepared to complete assignments related to the process of cessation.
The four sessions are:
- Session 1— Understanding Why You Have an Addiction and How to Quit
- Session 2 — Mastering the First Few Days
- Session 3 — Mastering Obstacles
- Session 4 — Staying Quit and Enjoying it Forever
This virtual program is free and open to the community. Classes are held in an online group format. The class provides you with professional assistance, group discussions, tips and encouragement from other smokers.
Plan on attending all four virtual classes:
- Monday, July 20, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Monday, July 27, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2 to 3 p.m.
This program is sponsored by Bronson Methodist Hospital and the American Cancer Society.