Group Exercise Class Descriptions
Bronson Athletic Club membership includes drop-in, no-fee classes led by certified instructors. Classes options are listed below.
Also known as aerobic exercise, cardio workouts are good for your heart. They are designed to get your heart pumping at a higher than normal rate. They are perfect for losing or maintaining a healthy weight. You’ll definitely leave class feeling tired, but accomplished and ready to take on the day!
- BODYATTACK™: From the popular Les Mills fitness brand, this high intensity (HIIT) fitness class combines athletic movements with strength exercises. It's sure to challenge your limits!
- BODYCOMBAT™: A Les Mills class, kick and punch your way to better fitness in this high-energy, non-contact, HIIT-style, martial arts-inspired workout.
- BODYFLOW™: This isn't your regular yoga class! From Les Mills, this yoga-based class embraces elements of Tai Chi and Pilates to strengthen your entire body.
- BODYSTEP™: Another Les Mills class, a HIIT-style step class that mixes basic stepping with exercises like burpees and pushups.
- RPM™: An indoor cycling workout from Les Mills, this class takes you on a journey of hill climbs, sprints and flat riding.
- Spinning®: Whether you are a beginner or an elite athlete, you can participate at your own pace and effort. Classes are designed with a heart rate objective.
- SPRINT: This is a 30 minute HIIT workout from Les Mills. Using an indoor bike, combine bursts of intensity, where you work as hard as possible, with periods of rest that prepare you for the next effort. The payoff? You smash your fitness goals - fast.
- Tabata Bootcamp™: This is a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) class that can help improve athletic performance and endurance by performing short buts of interval training drills that will challenge your body and keep you guessing what is coming next!
- Zumba®: This class is a fusion of high-energy, motivational Latin/international music and aerobic interval training. Fast and slow rhythms combine to help you produce movements that condition your body.
Strength training classes
Strength training classes can incorporate body weight exercises, as well as use equipment like free weights, exercise bands and tubes, kettlebells and more. Strength training is an important part of your fitness routine because it helps build muscle and protect your bones. Think you can’t lose weight from strength training? Think again! The more muscle you have, the more fat you’ll burn at rest. Get to work!
- Barre: Improve your posture and change your entire body by building and sculpting long, lean muscles. This low impact workout combines elements of ballet, yoga and Pilates. Classes do not focus on elements of dance, but builds strength and endurance.
- BODYPUMP™: The original Les Mills barbell class will tone and strengthen your body—fast! Workouts will challenge all your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl.
- Butts & Guts: This core-focused class wills strengthen and tone the muscles from mid-thighs to shoulders, while improving posture. The class uses bodyweight and resistance exercises.
- Core: Similar to Butts & Guts, this 30-minute class combines resistance and bodyweight exercises to work everything from your mid-thighs to shoulders.
Total body workouts
Total body workouts combine heart-pumping cardio exercises with strength training movements. Workouts will target your entire body – having you feeling stronger physically and mentally.
- Kettlebell FIT: Swing your way into shape! Kettlebell uses a cast-iron weight for a full body conditioning workout that will get you quick results.
- Total Body Conditioning: Combine continuous cardio training with muscular strength and endurance drills. A variety of equipment is used to enhance workouts, including weights, bands, Gliding Discs, balance trainers, Body Bars® and steps.
- TONE:This total-body workout helps you build strength while improving energy levels, flexibility, balance, agility and core strength.
Mind-body & stretching classes
Besides leaving you with a good sweat, mind-body workouts have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce stress and improve mental clarity. Give it a try with any of our yoga or Pilates classes.
- Mat Pilates: Decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility by strengthening the ab muscles that support the neck and spine.
- Foam Roller Stretching: Roll out stress and tension in your body using foam rollers. This class aids in muscle recovery by breaking up muscle knots and resuming normal blood flow.
- Yoga/Gentle Yoga: Relax and stay fit with slow moves, gentle stretches and strengthening postures.
Serious Wellness classes
Looking for a low-impact workout that is fun and interactive, and designed to help you stay fit and well, no matter your age or fitness level? Give Serious Wellness classes a try! These classes are designed for adults ages 55+, but members of every age and fitness ability are welcome. Classes are offered daily and focus on a mix of: cardio, balance, flexibility, strength and social connection.
- Drums Alive: Incorporate elements of fun and creative expression in this low impact workout. Drum away on exercise balls to upbeat music.
- Fall Proof: In this class, perform slow, deliberate movements with series of weight-bearing and stretching functional exercises, to strengthen upper body, lower body and core muscles.
- Fit 4-Life: Fit-4-Life is an easy to follow class perfect for those beginning their fitness journey. Combine elements of stretching, strength conditioning and balance exercises.
- Stretch & Tone: Release muscle tension, increase flexibility, improve range of motion, tone your body and add balance to your life in this class that combines basic stretching and body firming exercises.
- SW Cycling: An introductory level cycling class that is set to upbeat music from many decades.
- Zumba® Gold: An easy-to-follow Zumba® class perfect for anyone looking for a modified Zumba® class. Zumba® Gold recreates the dance-inspired workouts at a lower-intensity. Class focuses on all elements of fitness – cardiovascular, muscular conditioning, flexibility and balance.
Group exercise schedule