Who We Are
Bronson Health Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Bronson Healthcare System. Established is 1983, our foundation connects the generosity and kindness of individuals with Bronson Healthcare to support its healing mission. These initiatives fund things such as equipment, education and programs, for patients and their families, staff and our communities.
A Message from the Vice President of Development
Delivering the highest quality of healthcare is our reason for being. When the communities we serve stand with us, and invest in our work, we are inspired to do even more. The generosity and kindness of southwest Michigan is evident in the stories we see and hear from our patients, families and staff. You help us to help them. Thank you.
Vice President of Development
Together, we advance the health of our communities.
An exceptional healthcare experience for every person, every time.
Bronson employees are working to create an environment for our patients free of prejudice, bias, and stereotypes. Providing culturally competent customer service and care requires respect and training. At Bronson Health Foundation, we are educating ourselves about the many ways we can address and dismantle existing inequities. We value, encourage, and welcome a culture of inclusion where we all work to build a better future, together.
- Our purpose is to support Bronson Healthcare in carrying out its mission and vision to meet the health needs and expectations of people in the communities Bronson serves.
- As the philanthropic arm of the healthcare system, we seek to contribute meaningfully to Bronson programs, services, partnerships and strategic initiatives that impact the overall health of our communities.
- Philanthropy is necessary for Bronson Healthcare to meet its growing
capital and programmatic needs.
- Our organization’s strength is dependent upon a highly effective
foundation staff and board, engaged executive leadership, and a
committed healthcare system board.
- We seek to create and nurture an internal culture of gratitude through
strategic inclusion, and participation from employees, leadership, and
- We strive to connect the generosity and kindness of patients, families,
organizations, and the community at large with Bronson Healthcare
and its healing mission and critical work.
- We approach our role in philanthropy with humility, integrity, and
respect for others.
- We seek to practice the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in
our culture and our distributions.
- We seek first to understand and to facilitate an open, collaborative,
respectful and transparent environment.
- We support research that develops innovations to close the gap
between what is actually happening and what should be happening.
- We adhere to the donor’s rights as outlined by the Association of
Address: 301 John Street, Box C, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Phone: (269) 341-8100
Tax ID: 38-2415081
To directly contact a staff member, please visit our Leadership and Staff pages.
In accordance with the State and Federal tax codes, Bronson Health Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Donors may deduct contributions to as provided in section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. Bequests, legacies, devises, transfers, or gifts to or for use of the Bronson Health Foundation are deductible for Federal estate and gift tax purposes if they meet the applicable provisions of sections 2055, 2106, and 2522 of the Internal Revenue Code.