Carlson Farms - Farm to Table Dinner
To ensure the safety of our community, the Farm to Table Dinner will not take place in 2021.
In year's past, Norm and Karen Carlson hosted hundreds of friends and family under a tent in their front yard for their annual Farm to Table Dinner, which offered a warm and welcoming environment in support of Bronson Children's Hospital. As much as the Carlsons would love to still host you all, we are waiting until we can all be together again.
All funds raised in 2020 supported Bronson Children's Hospital music therapy and reading programs for pediatric patients, two areas near and dear to Norm and Karen. Thank you for your support!
Contact Carmen Foljahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Projects that Carlson Farms has Supported
- NICU Cameras: New technology with a camera and secure web-based software were installed in each NICU room in January 2017. Parents and families now have the capability to look in on their newborn baby from any location, at any time.
- Pediatric Family Kitchen & Lounge: This lounge heavily used by family members during an extended stay at Bronson Children's Hospital received an upgrade. The lounge provides a space for families to gather, have a meal together and do their laundry. It is also a warm, inviting and practical space for siblings to do their homework.
- Communication Boards for NICU patient rooms: These beautifully designed boards allow families to communicate with their child's providers in passing. They are used to set daily and weekly goals for their babies. The power of knowledge is critical as these families manage their daily lives with their NICU baby.
- Pediatric Family Food Pantry: For parents that cannot get away from the unit or for those that do not have food resources, this pantry gives sustainable food options to ensure families eat while they care for their child.
- NICU Family Dinners: Families in the NICU live day-by-day, goal-by-goal. There are setbacks and successes. Having a support group to rely on is important. NICU dinners are held twice a month and offer parents currently in the NICU with a nearby space to take a break, eat a nutritional meal and connect with other families for support during their NICU journey.
Previous Event Photos