Dr. Aaron Lane-Davies, Bronson's Chief of Staff and Medical Director of Pediatrics, is embarking on a long journey - one step at a time. Over four summers, Dr. Lane-Davies is hiking the Michigan section of the North Country Trail. He invites you to follow his journey.
To support Dr. Lane Davies effort, click on Donate Today and make a donation to the Pediatric Specialists Endowment.
Click this link to follow the Bronson Children's Hospital North Country Trail Hike on Instagram @bchnct1000!
Dr. Lane-Davies is doing this hike to not only raise awareness and support for Bronson Children's Hospital and its pediatric patients but he wants to highlight this long journey that is accomplished one step at a time - much like philanthropy to support Bronson Children's Hospital requires long term vision and planning.
Dr. Lane-Davies began this journey the summer of 2014 and he will hike the entire Michigan section of the North Country Trail (NCT).
The Appalachia Trail (AT) stretches 2180 miles from Maine to Georgia. The Paciﬁc Crest Trail (PCT) runs 2650 miles along the Sierra Nevada from Canada to Mexico. At 4600 miles, the North Country National Scenic Trail is the longest of the National Scenic Trails.
The NCT spans the upper eastern and midwestern United States passing through New York (beginning at the Vermont border), Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota and North Dakota. The Michigan section includes approximately 1100 miles of trail (600 in the lower peninsula and 500 in the upper).
Each section of Dr. Lane-Davies hike consists of approximately 100-200 mile segments lasting 4-7 days.
Segment 1 - 102.1 miles
COMPLETED - JUNE 2014
Michigan/Ohio Border to Fort Custer
Segment 2 - 49.5 miles
COMPLETED - AUGUST 2014
Fort Custer to Cedar Springs
- Day 1: August 17, 2014 - Battle Creek to Osborne Road (corner of Osborne and Hallock Rds). This day will consist of hiking 22.8 miles including Fort Custer State Recreation Area and Kellogg Biological Station.
- Day 2: August 18, 2014 - Osborne Road to McCain Road. This day will consist of hiking 26.7 miles and includes Yankee Springs State Recreation Area.
Segment 3 - 95.4 miles
COMPLETED - SEPTEMBER 2014
Cedar Springs to 76th Street Trailhead
- Day 1: September 19, 2014, McCain Road to Lowell. This day will consist of hiking 26 miles.
- Day 2: September 20, 2014: Lowell to Wabasis Lake Park. This day will consist of hiking 21 miles including camping at Wabasis Lake Park.
- Day 3: September 21, 2014: Wabasis Lake Park to Rogue River State Game Area (Red Pine Trailhead). This day will consist of hiking 23.8 miles.
- Day 4: September 22, 2014: Rouge River State Game Area (Red Pine Trailhead) to Croton, MI consisting of 24.6 miles.
Segment 4 - 104.6 miles
COMPLETED - MAY 2015
- Day 1: May 27, 2015, 22 Mile Road to M-37. This day will consist of 23.9 miles.
- Day 2: May 28, 2015, M-37 to NCTA Schoolhouse. This day will consist of 21 miles.
- Day 3 & 4: May 29-30, 2015, NCTA School House to Timber Creek National Forest Campground. This day will consist of 40.3 miles.
- Day 5: May 31, 2015, Timber Creek National Forest Campground to Freesoil Trailhead (Freesoil Road/8 Mile Road). This day will consist of 19.4 miles.
Segment 5 - 86 miles
OCTOBER 1 - 4, 2015
Hodenpyl Dam to Sunset Trail
- Day 1: Thursday, October 1, 2015, Hodenpyl Dam Parking area to Baxter Bridge State Forest Campground/E County Line Road. This day will consist of 25 miles.
- Day 2: Friday, October 2, 2015, Baxter Bridge State Forest Campground to Fife Lake. This day will consist of 20 miles.
- Day 3: Saturday, October 3, 2015, Fife Lake to Guernsey Lake. This day will consist of 20 miles.
- Day 4: Sunday, October 4, 2015. Guernsey Lake to Sunset Trail Road. This day will consist of 21 miles.
DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
Segment 6 - 93 miles
NCT/Giem Road to St. Ignace
Segment 7 - 115 miles
St. Ignace to NCT/Rt. 500
Segment 8 - 103 miles
NCT/Rt. 500 to Munising
Segment 9 - 124 miles
Munising to Alberta
Segment 10 - 161 miles
Alberta to Ironwood
If you would like to join Dr. Lane-Davies on his hike, you can email us at email@example.com for more information.