Toys that are directly donated to Bronson are used in our annual Holiday Toy Shop. The week of Christmas (December 21st – December 25th), all Pediatric, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit patients and families will receive gifts to meet the needs of their family (siblings included). Due to the timing, we ask that toys be donated to us NO LATER than Friday, December 18th. Those wishing to donate to this program will need to set up a delivery day and time to drop the items off to a hospital staff member.
Suggestions of Toys for Holiday Toy Workshop:
- Infant/Toddler: rattles, musical toys, stacking rings, shape sorters, light up toys, socks, bibs, clothes, teething toys, bath books, music boxes and crib mobiles.
- School Age: Lego and Duplo kits, Star Wars toys, Minecraft toys/games, new DVD releases, craft kits, video games, dolls, wooden puzzles, Barbie dolls, baby dolls, Play-Doh kits, puzzles, board and card games.
- Teens: gift cards (such as Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, iTunes), make up kits, nail polish, spa kits, axe body supplies, manicure supplies, headphones , body wash and sprays, lotion, perfume, new video games and movies (DVD only).
Popular Characters/Movies: Raya and the Last Dragon, Cocomelon, Jurassic World, Avengers, Bluey, Frozen 1 &2, Ninjago, Black Widow, Luca, My Little Pony, Cruella, The Mandalorian, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Paw Patrol, Gabby’s Dollhouse
These items will be used on a daily basis throughout the year with pediatric patients and their families: Please denote on your donation if it is for a specific department.
- Art Therapy Department: Crayola model magic clay, “Melissa & Doug” and “Creativity for Kids” Craft Kits, creative journals and sketchbooks, Crayola Toddler art supplies, Lego kits, children’s science kits (i.e. growing crystals/bouncy-ball making), Play-Doh kits, slime making supplies, acrylic paint, colored pencils, watercolor paint, artist’s paintbrushes, oil pastels, and beads/jewelry making supplies. Please contact Meg, Art Therapist, at (269) 341-6186 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Emergency Department: Lights/Sounds toys, 5 packs of hot wheels, 4 packs of Play-Doh, stuffed animals, fidgets (pop-its, Monkey noodles, stress balls), Fubbles Bubbles, Light Spinners, iTunes Gift Cards, coloring/activity books, crayons, colored pencils, I Spy books, Find It tube, card games, Little People figures, bath books, rattles.
- Music Therapy Department: iTunes Gift Cards, harmonicas, recorders, musical shakers, jingle bells, ukuleles, kids musical toy sets, children’s books with song themes, blank CDs, CD cases, small CD binder cases, sheet protectors
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Little Golden books (or similar story books), board books, small mirror toys and rattles, Fisher Price animal party bouncer seat (this specific seat), mamaRoos, rockaRoos.
- Pediatric/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: Baby/Toddler Toys, Rattles/Teething Toys, Bath Tub Toys, Lego Kits, Gift Cards, Manicure Supplies, Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover, Board Games, Uno, DVD Players, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 games, products from www.4moms.com.
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Subspecialties: Craft kits, Lego kits, Play-Doh, Light Spinners, prize box toys (small/stocking stuffer items for all ages infant-teen), new release movies, small denomination gift cards (Meijer, Walmart, fast food, Star bucks, amazon, Target).
- Radiology Department: New release DVDs, toys that have lights and sounds, small prizes for school aged children.
- Surgical Department: Portable DVD players with long cords, new release DVDs (kid and teen), coloring books, bubbles, light spinners (mini), light up toddler toys, and prize box items.