COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund
How you can support Bronson during this time.
Community support will help Bronson during this moment of need. Every type of gift directly supports our ability to provide care and empowers our front line staff.
Stories of Impact
NAACP Supports Bronson Battle Creek
Pictured from the left, Sam Gray, first vice president of NAACP Battle Creek branch; Carey Whitfield, president of NAACP Battle Creek branch; Kirk Richardson, senior vice president for community care at Bronson Healthcare; Dorothy Malcolm, vice president and chief nursing officer for Bronson Battle Creek.
The Battle Creek branch of the NAACP has presented Bronson Battle Creek Hospital with 12 Amazon Fire tablets and several Bluetooth speakers for COVID-19 patients to use to communicate with their loved ones while they are in the hospital.
The donation comes after the branch's president, Carey Whitfield, spent nearly a month at Bronson Battle Creek Hospital last fall fighting COVID-19. “I was so glad to have my cell phone and laptop to keep in contact with my wife since she was unable to visit in person,” he said. “I wanted to make sure other patients were able to stay in touch with their family and friends as well.”
Kirk Richardson, senior vice president for community care at Bronson, says, "For patients in the hospital, an important part of healing is staying connected with their family and loved ones. We are thankful to Mr. Whitfield and the NAACP for their generosity and partnership in improving the health of our community."
Support the COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund
1. Donate to Bronson's COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund
The Bronson Health Foundation Rapid Response Fund has been created to support Bronson's immediate response to the fast-moving global spread of COVID-19. As the local healthcare system in southwest Michigan, Bronson is delivering on its responsibility to manage the COVID-19 outbreak.
The COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund helps Bronson secure resources to address needs like:
- Childcare support for eligible front line staff
- Materials and supplies for front line care teams
- Technology to facilitate mobile and remote care
- Ventilators and emergency beds for critical response
- Equipment needs for Lab testing
- Appreciation meals for healthcare workers
- Increased funding for Bronson’s Employee in Crisis Fund
2. Sponsor a Respite Room
Help support the well-being of Bronson staff during this challenging time through a weekly Respite Room Sponsorship. Sponsors will be recognized in the room(s), in our e-newsletter and on Bronson Health Foundation social media.
3. Share a Message Thanking Our #BronsonHeroes
If you'd like to send a card or message, they can be mailed to:
Bronson Customer Service
601 John Street, Box 50
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Click here to see messages of thanks and positivity from more community members.
What Bronson is doing to address COVID-19:
- Established Bronson COVID-19 Task Force to coordinate response
- Doctors, clinicians, and caregivers keeping patients healthy, comfortable and safe across the system
- Launched mobile screening sites to support the community
- Created sites to receive donations of medical personal protection equipment (PPE)
For more information about what Bronson is doing to address COVID-19, click here.
Stay Up To Date By Following Us On Social Media