COVID-19 Community Support
How you can support Bronson during this time.
Community support will help Bronson during this moment of need. Every type of gift directly supports our ability to provide care and empowers our front line staff.
Stories of Impact
1st Source Bank Supports Rapid Response Fund
1st Source Bank has generously given a $10,000 gift to support our Rapid Response Fund. 1st Source Kalamazoo Community President, Lanny Scoby made a visit to the Bronson Executive Office to deliver the gift in person. This generous gift from 1st Source Bank will focus on assisting Bronson employees with their needs during our response to COVID-19.
1. Donate to Bronson's COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund
The Bronson Health Foundation Rapid Response Fund has been created to support Bronson's immediate response to the fast-moving global spread of COVID-19. As the local healthcare system in southwest Michigan, Bronson is delivering on its responsibility to manage the COVID-19 outbreak.
The COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund helps Bronson secure resources to address needs like:
- Childcare support for eligible front line staff
- Materials and supplies for front line care teams
- Technology to facilitate mobile and remote care
- Ventilators and emergency beds for critical response
- Equipment needs for Lab testing
- Appreciation meals for healthcare workers
- Increased funding for Bronson’s Employee in Crisis Fund
2. Sponsor a Respite Room
Help support the well-being of Bronson staff during this challenging time through a weekly Respite Room Sponsorship. Sponsors will be recognized in the room(s), in our e-newsletter and on Bronson Health Foundation social media.
3. Donate Personal Protective Equipment
We are grateful for all of the individuals, groups and communities for their donations of specific new or unused items, as well as home-sewn face masks, over the last 6 months.
Bronson is still accepting donations of disposable face masks, home-sewn face masks and face shields. If you have a donation that you would like to make, please call (269) 341-8085.
Click here to download a template and instructions for construction of a home-sewn face mask.
It is essential that nobody involved in the creation, distribution or delivery of homemade masks or face shields have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath), have recently been exposed to anyone experiencing these symptoms or who has been tested positive for COVID-19. Hand-sewn masks are not a replacement for proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and should not be worn in situations where medical PPE is required.
4. Share a Message Thanking Our #BronsonHeroes
If you'd like to send a card or message, they can be mailed to:
Bronson Customer Service
601 John Street, Box 50
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Click here to see messages of thanks and positivity from more community members.
What Bronson is doing to address COVID-19:
- Established Bronson COVID-19 Task Force to coordinate response
- Doctors, clinicians, and caregivers keeping patients healthy, comfortable and safe across the system
- Launched mobile screening sites to support the community
- Created sites to receive donations of medical personal protection equipment (PPE)
For more information about what Bronson is doing to address COVID-19, click here.
Stay Up To Date By Following Us On Social Media