The American Cancer Society's Freshstart Smoking Cessation program is delivered over four separate sessions in a two-week period. Each class has a topic and focus for discussion. Participants should be prepared to complete assignments related to the process of cessation.
The four sessions are:
- Session 1— Understanding Why You Have an Addiction and How to Quit
- Session 2 — Mastering the First Few Days
- Session 3 — Mastering Obstacles
- Session 4 — Staying Quit and Enjoying it Forever
This program is free, open to the community and offered four times a year (February, May, August and November). Classes are held in a group format. This format provides you with the professional assistance, group discussions, tips and
encouragement from other smokers.
Plan on attending all four classes being held at the Bronson Battle Creek Cancer Care Center conference room:
- Tuesday, September 11, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 13, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2 to 3:30 p.m..
- Thursday, September 20, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
This program is sponsored by Bronson Battle Creek and the American Cancer Society.