The American Cancer Society's Freshstart Smoking Cessation online program is delivered over four separate sessions in a two-week period. Each online class has a topic and focus for discussion. Participants should be prepared to complete assignments related to the process of cessation.
The four sessions are:
- Session 1— Understanding Why You Have an Addiction and How to Quit
- Session 2 — Mastering the First Few Days
- Session 3 — Mastering Obstacles
- Session 4 — Staying Quit and Enjoying it Forever
This free program is open to the community. Classes are held online via Webex. Participants will need to download the Webex app prior to the beginning of the first class. This format provides you with the professional assistance, group discussions, tips and encouragement from other smokers.
Plan on joining all four classes being held online on the following dates:
- Monday, November 9, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 16, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2 to 3 p.m.
This program is sponsored by Bronson and the American Cancer Society.