A lot can happen in one year! Small steps to improve your health can make a huge difference over a year. By increasing your physical activity and focusing on healthy eating, you can lose weight and improve overall wellness and/or help prevent life threatening diseases.
This program can help you:
- Reduce your body weight by 5 to 7 percent
- Increase your physical activity to at least 150 minutes per week
- Learn healthy eating habits
- Create a healthy support network
- Decrease your risk for type 2 diabetes
By joining Diabetes Prevention Program: Fit & Healthy 365, you will:
- Work with a certified lifestyle coach to guide you through the program
- Gain support and accountability from group involvement
- Enjoy fun weekly topics to incorporate into your daily living
- Bronson employees can have their gym membership initiation fee waived at the YMCA (in Battle Creek) or the Bronson Athletic Club (in Kalamazoo)
Participants will meet with both registered dietitians and registered nurses for a minimum of 22 group sessions – beginning with weekly meetings, followed by bi-weekly meetings and monthly sessions- over the course of an entire year!