The American Cancer Society's Freshstart Smoking Cessation program is free and open to the community. It is delivered over four separate sessions in a two-week period. Each class has a topic and focus for discussion. Classes are held in a group format. This format provides you with the professional assistance, group discussions, tips and encouragement from other smokers. Participants should be prepared to complete assignments related to the process of cessation.
The four sessions are:
- Session 1— Understanding Why You Have an Addiction and How to Quit
- Session 2 — Mastering the First Few Days
- Session 3 — Mastering Obstacles
- Session 4 — Staying Quit and Enjoying it Forever
Plan on attending all four classes being held at the Bronson Athletic Club.
- Monday, March 12, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 14, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 19, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 21, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
This program is sponsored by Bronson Methodist Hospital and the American Cancer Society.