Hosted by Bronson's Nursing Informatics department, a conference for nurses to learn more about nursing informatics. Topics include:
- Scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- System life cycle, information management and knowledge generation, user-centered design, and health information technology
- Trends and issues in practice facing nursing informatics professionals
The content provides an opportunity for problem solving and self-assessment. Additionally, it will allow for study and review of the new ANCC Nursing Informatics Certification Exam being released March 2018. All course faculty are board certified informatics nurses.
*This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Maryland Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 18 contact hours will be awarded.
Join the Bronson Clinical Informatics department along with Dr. Carol Bickford, PhD, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, FAAN, and Liberty Rovira, MN, RN-BC, CPHIMS, for a weekend-long conference designed to help participants:
- Identify actions that can be implemented to change/improve practice
- Assess readiness to complete the ANCC certification examination for nursing informatics
Daily sign-in starts at 7:30 a.m.
Each day includes lunch. The order of lectures and break times may vary according to speaker preference.
- Day 1: Friday, March 23 - 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Goal setting, theories, human factors
- Standard 1: Assessment
- Standard 2: Diagnosis, problems and issue identification
- Standard 3: Outcomes identification
- Day 2: Saturday, March 24 - 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Standard 4: Planning
- Standard 5: Implementation
- Standard 6: Evaluation
- Standard 7-16: Professional performance standards
- Discussion of the new ANCC Nursing Informatics Certification Exam
- Course evaluation
- Radisson Plaza Hotel
100 West Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, Mich. 49007
Ask for the Bronson rate. Hotel parking is available in an attached parking structure and can be validated at the hotel desk.
- Holiday Inn West
2747 S. 11th St.
Kalamazoo, Mich. 49009
Use Bronson code: BMN
Conference parking is available onsite and can be validated at check-in. Additional free parking is available on the fifth floor of the Kalamazoo Mall parking ramp, in the WMed designated spaces.
For more information or assistance, contact Brad Mora, BSN, RN, MSCIS, at email@example.com or (269) 341-6394.