Group-X Class Descriptions
Bronson Athletic Club membership includes drop-in, no-fee classes led by certified instructors. Classes include:
- Barre: Improve your posture and change your entire body by building and sculpting long, lean muscles. This low impact workout combines elements of ballet, yoga and Pilates. Classes do not focus on elements of dance, but builds strength and endurance.
- BODYATTACK™: High-energy fitness class that combines athletic movements with strength exercises, sure to challenge your limits.
- BODYCOMBAT™: Kick and punch your way to better fitness in this high-energy, non-contact martial arts-inspired workout from the popular LES MILLS fitness program.
- BODYFLOW™: Yoga-based class that embraces elements of Tai Chi and Pilates to strengthen your entire body.
- BODYPUMP™: The original LES MILLS barbell class will tone and strengthen your body—fast! Join our new classes, with moves that include resistance workout training that challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl.
- BODYSTEP™: An athletic class that combines basic stepping with exercises like burpees, pushups, and a weight plate to work the upper body.
- CXWORX™: A LES MILLS fitness program, this 30- minute class combines resistance and bodyweight exercises to work everything from your mid-thighs to shoulders.
- Drums Alive: (SW) Incorporate elements of fun and creative expression in this low impact workout. Drum away on exercise balls to upbeat music.
- Fall Proof: (SW) Slow, deliberate movements with series of weight-bearing and stretching functional exercises designed to strengthen upper body, lower body and core muscles.
- Fit 4-Life: Great class for beginners or for the mature individual desiring a balanced weight-training program and some cardiovascular exercise. This easy-to-follow class adds benefits such as stretching exercises, strength conditioning exercises for the whole body, and foundation exercises for balance.
- Foam Roller Stretching: Learn how to use foam rollers that are designed to target specific pressure points on your body. The massage action works to aid in muscle recovery. Foam rolling can assist in breaking up muscle knots, and help resume normal blood flow.
- Kettlebell FIT: Power up with our personal trainers for multiple benefits! Prior to attending, you must have basic level of kettlebell experience, or attend a kettlebell intro course the first Tuesday of each month at noon or 5 p.m., or the first Thursday at 7 p.m. This drop-in class is free for members; nonmembers may attend for a session fee.
- LeBARRE™: A dance-inspired class that combines balance, agility, resistance, working recovery and eloquence.
- Mat Pilates: Decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility by strengthening the ab muscles that support the neck and spine.
- Power Yoga: Decrease Use your body weight to increase strength and push your flexibility to the limit in this complete mind-body workout.
- Spinning®: Whether you are a beginner or an elite athlete, you can participate at your own pace and effort. Classes are designed with a heart rate objective. We strongly encourage the use of a heart rate monitor to gauge your intensity. As a class participant, you will experience the several heart rate Energy Zone™ rides.
- Stretch & Tone: (SW) Release muscle tension, increase flexibility, improve range of motion, tone your body and add balance to your life in this class that combines basic stretching and body firming exercises.
- Total Body Conditioning: Combines continuous cardio training with muscular strength and endurance drills for conditioning the whole body. A variety of equipment is used to enhance the workouts, including weights, bands, Gliding Discs, BOSU® balance trainers, Body Bars® and steps. Excellent class for whole-body conditioning.
- RPM™: Indoor cycling workout from the popular Les Mills brand that takes you on a journey of hill climbs, sprints and flat riding.
- Tabata Bootcamp™: A high-intensity interval training (HIIT) class that can help improve athletic performance and endurance by performing short buts of interval training drills that will challenge your body and keep you guessing what is coming next!
- Total Body Conditioning/Total Body X-Treme: Combines continuous cardio training with muscular strength and endurance drills for conditioning the whole body. A variety of equipment is used to enhance workouts, including weights, bands, Gliding Discs TM, BOSU, balance trainers, Body Bars and steps. TBX has less recovery between intervals than TBC.
- Yoga Equilibrium/Yoga: Relax and stay fit with slow moves, gentle stretches and strengthening postures.
- Zumba®: A fusion of high-energy, motivational Latin/international music and aerobic interval training. Fast and slow rhythms combine to help you produce movements that condition your body.
Group Exercise Schedule - Downtown
*Downtown facility for Bronson employee use only