Group Exercise Class Descriptions
Bronson Athletic Club membership includes drop-in, no-fee classes led by certified instructors. Classes options are listed below.
Also known as aerobic exercise, cardio workouts are good for your heart. They are designed to get your heart pumping at a higher than normal rate. They are perfect for losing or maintaining a healthy weight. You’ll definitely leave class feeling tired, but accomplished and ready to take on the day!
- BODYATTACK™: High-energy fitness class that combines athletic movements with strength exercises, sure to challenge your limits.
- BODYCOMBAT™: Kick and punch your way to better fitness in this high-energy, non-contact martial arts-inspired workout from the popular LES MILLS fitness program.
- BODYFLOW™: Yoga-based class that embraces elements of Tai Chi and Pilates to strengthen your entire body.
- BODYSTEP™: An athletic class that combines basic stepping with exercises like burpees, pushups, and a weight plate to work the upper body.
- RPM™: Indoor cycling workout from the popular Les Mills brand that takes you on a journey of hill climbs, sprints and flat riding.
- Spinning®: Whether you are a beginner or an elite athlete, you can participate at your own pace and effort. Classes are designed with a heart rate objective. We strongly encourage the use of a heart rate monitor to gauge your intensity. As a class participant, you will experience the several heart rate Energy Zone™ rides.
- SPRINT: 30 min HIIT workout, using indoor bike to achieve fast results. Low impact workout that is scientifically proven to return rapid results.
- Tabata Bootcamp™: A high-intensity interval training (HIIT) class that can help improve athletic performance and endurance by performing short buts of interval training drills that will challenge your body and keep you guessing what is coming next!
- Zumba®: A fusion of high-energy, motivational Latin/international music and aerobic interval training. Fast and slow rhythms combine to help you produce movements that condition your body.
Strength training classes
Strength training classes can incorporate body weight exercises, as well as use equipment like free weights, exercise bands and tubes, kettlebells and more. Strength training is an important part of your fitness routine because it helps build muscle and protect your bones. Think you can’t lose weight from strength training? Think again! The more muscle you have, the more fat you’ll burn at rest. Get to work!
- Barre: Improve your posture and change your entire body by building and sculpting long, lean muscles. This low impact workout combines elements of ballet, yoga and Pilates. Classes do not focus on elements of dance, but builds strength and endurance.
- BODYPUMP™: The original LES MILLS barbell class will tone and strengthen your body—fast! Join our new classes, with moves that include resistance workout training that challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl.
- Butts & Guts: Strengthen and tone the muscles from mid-thighs to shoulders and improve posture using bodyweight and resistance exercises.
- Core: A 30-minute class combines resistance and bodyweight exercises to work everything from your mid-thighs to shoulders.
Total body workouts
Total body workouts combine heart-pumping cardio exercises with strength training movements. Workouts will target your entire body – having you feeling stronger physically and mentally.
- Kettlebell FIT: Power up with our personal trainers for multiple benefits! Prior to attending, you must have basic level of kettlebell experience, or attend a kettlebell intro course the first Tuesday of each month at noon or 5 p.m., or the first Thursday at 7 p.m. This drop-in class is free for members; nonmembers may attend for a session fee.
- Total Body Conditioning: Combines continuous cardio training with muscular strength and endurance drills for conditioning the whole body. A variety of equipment is used to enhance the workouts, including weights, bands, Gliding Discs, BOSU® balance trainers, Body Bars® and steps. Excellent class for whole-body conditioning.
- TONE: Use your own body weight, free weights and resistance bands to get the most out of your workout in just 45 minutes! This Les Mills class incorporates squats, lunges, basic weight lifting and functional training for a full body workout that will leave you feeling challenged, yet successful, no matter your fitness level!
Mind-body & stretching classes
Besides leaving you with a good sweat, mind-body workouts have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce stress and improve mental clarity. Give it a try with any of our yoga or Pilates classes.
- Mat Pilates: Decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility by strengthening the ab muscles that support the neck and spine.
- Foam Roller Stretching: Learn how to use foam rollers that are designed to target specific pressure points on your body. The massage action works to aid in muscle recovery. Foam rolling can assist in breaking up muscle knots, and help resume normal blood flow.
- Power Yoga: Decrease Use your body weight to increase strength and push your flexibility to the limit in this complete mind-body workout.
- Yoga/Gentle Yoga: Relax and stay fit with slow moves, gentle stretches and strengthening postures.
Serious Wellness classes
Looking for a low-impact workout that is fun and interactive, and designed to help you stay fit and well, no matter your age or fitness level? Give Serious Wellness classes a try! These classes are designed for adults ages 55+, but members of every age and fitness ability are welcome. Classes are offered daily and focus on a mix of: cardio, balance, flexibility, strength and social connection.
- Drums Alive: Incorporate elements of fun and creative expression in this low impact workout. Drum away on exercise balls to upbeat music.
- Fall Proof: Slow, deliberate movements with series of weight-bearing and stretching functional exercises designed to strengthen upper body, lower body and core muscles.
- Fit 4-Life: Great class for beginners or for the mature individual desiring a balanced weight-training program and some cardiovascular exercise. This easy-to-follow class adds benefits such as stretching exercises, strength conditioning exercises for the whole body, and foundation exercises for balance.
- Stretch & Tone: Release muscle tension, increase flexibility, improve range of motion, tone your body and add balance to your life in this class that combines basic stretching and body firming exercises.
- SW Cycling: An introductory level cycling class that is set to upbeat music from many decades.
- Zumba® Gold: An easy-to-follow Zumba® class perfect for anyone looking for a modified Zumba® class. Zumba® Gold recreates the dance-inspired workouts at a lower-intensity. Class focuses on all elements of fitness – cardiovascular, muscular conditioning, flexibility and balance.
Group Exercise Schedule - Downtown
*Downtown facility for Bronson employee use only