At Bronson we know that breastfeeding can have its ups and downs, especially in the beginning. That is why the Bronson BirthPlace in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek provides support through our Breastfeeding Centers.
If you are breastfeeding and have symptoms of or confirmed COVID-19, take steps to avoid spreading the virus to your baby:
- Wash your hands before touching your baby
- Wear a face mask, if possible, while feeding at the breast
- Wash your hands before touching pump or bottle parts and clean all parts after each use
For additional information on pregnancy and breastfeeding from the Centers for Disease Control, click here.
Breastfeeding provides your new baby with the best nutrition, and helps develop a close bond between mother and child. Breastfeeding can give you both a sense of warmth, closeness and pleasure. However, successful breastfeeding does not happen by instinct. That is when our team can help.
For a list of pregnancy and childbirth classes, including breastfeeding classes click here.
Consultation & Outpatient Services
- Designed to provide support during pregnancy and after delivery to breastfeeding moms
- Service is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- Our lactation consultants are registered nurses and social workers certified in breastfeeding consultation
- Provide prenatal and post-partum education, advice on breastfeeding practices, and personal consultation services
- Work with other healthcare providers regarding complex breastfeeding issues and concerns
The Bronson Breastfeeding Center - Kalamazoo offers a full line of breastfeeding products, including:
- Breast pumps and accessories
- Preemie and newborn layette clothing
- Twin nursing pillows
- Nursing bras and tank tops
- Baby carriers
At both Bronson Breastfeeding Centers in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, we have Medela Symphony breast pumps available for rent and Medela personal use breast pumps that are covered by your insurance. Call (269) 341-8849 (Kalamazoo) or (269) 245-8586 (Battle Creek) for more information.
It's important to keep your breast pump clean because germs can grow quickly in breast milk or breast milk residue that remains on pump parts. Click here to follow the steps to keep your breast pump clean and help protect your baby from germs.
Mothers' Milk Bank
- Bronson Mothers’ Milk Bank is one of only 24 non-profit milk banks in North America
- Provides donor human milk to premature and sick babies whose mothers are unable to provide their own milk or who have a low supply of milk
- If you are interested in becoming a donor or are a physician who wishes to order donor human milk, call the Bronson Mothers' Milk Bank at (269) 341-6146
Located on the 1st Floor of the North Pavilion at Bronson Methodist Hospital.