Need to schedule an appointment with one of our providers? We're looking forward to seeing you! Your provider will see you as soon as possible.
There are three ways you can schedule an appointment with your provider:
1. Log on to your Bronson MyChart account.
2. If you're sick and need to talk to a clinician, call (269) 341-7788 and talk with a Bronson Care Advisor 24/7.
3. Call our office.
There are two ways you can schedule an appointment at our office:
1. Click to schedule online: On our main page, choose one of our provider’s who is accepting new patients and click the "New Patient? Schedule Online" button to get started.
2. Dial to schedule using your phone: Call (269) 341-7788 and talk with a Bronson Care Advisor, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
During your first visit, you and your provider will talk about your health history and medicine. By sharing your health history, it helps your doctor provide you with the best possible care. You need to fill out your new patient forms before your visit. The forms are in Bronson MyChart. Sign up for Bronson MyChart to get started.
Before Every Appointment: eCheck In
Before your appointment, log in to your Bronson MyChart account and complete your e-Check in. It saves you time-and stress-the day of your visit by helping you verify all of your health and insurance information before your arrive, including list of medicine you take, your allergies, your health concerns/questions and more.
If you don't eCheck in before your appointment, you need to bring these things to your appointment:
- Insurance card
- Photo ID card
- List of medicine you take (or bring the bottles), including:
- Prescription medicine
- Over-the-counter medicine
- Medical records from other doctors
- Questions about your health
Changes to Your Appointment
- Some times we have to change your appointment. While rare, we know it's disappointing if it happens. We will do our best to find a new time that works well for you.
- You can often reschedule or cancel your appointment using your Bronson MyChart account. Just login to get started.
- If it's too close to when your appointment is scheduled, you'll need to call our office instead. Please call at least one day before your appointment. This lets us to see other patients who need to see your provider. If you repeatedly miss your appointment without calling us in advance, we may ask you to find a different office.
- If you are late for your appointment, we may ask you to schedule a new appointment.
Need Care Now?
We're here to help. When you’re sick or injured, you want to feel better as soon as possible. The first step is to contact your primary care doctor. If your doctor isn’t available, BronsonConnect can help you get care quickly and conveniently. Just check out our Need Care Now page to match up your condition with the care option that best suits your needs.
If you have chest pain or symptoms of a serious injury or illness, call 911 or go directly to the emergency department.