What's at the heart of our Heart & Vascular program? High-quality patient care, featuring advanced technology, innovative treatment options and a focus on the patient.
Why Choose Bronson Methodist Hospital for Heart & Vascular Services?
- We received a five-star rating from Healthgrades® for carotid surgery in 2014
- We were ranked among the top 10% in the nation for vascular surgery by Healthgrades® in 2014
- More people in Kalamazoo prefer Bronson Methodist Hospital for treating chest pain**
- Each patient's comprehensive care plan is created by our multidisciplinary team of specialists, which includes cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons, radiologists and others
- The area's most experienced team in robotic heart surgery
- The region's only pediatric cardiology services
- Access to specialized procedures not performed elsewhere in the region, such as four types of transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), aortic and mitral valve repair and endovascular repair
- State-of-the-art diagnostics and the most advanced treatment options
- The region's only multidisciplinary clinics, like our heart valve clinic, provide complete care in one location
- A Chest Pain Emergency Center for quick, accurate diagnosis of heart attacks
- Blood management service for people who wish to avoid blood transfusions
* Region is southwest Michigan as defined by Michigan Department of Transportation
** 2012 Consumer Perception Study, Professional Research Consultants, Inc.
Our Heart & Vascular Services Team
Heart and vascular medicine are medical specialties concerned with the circulatory system, which is comprised of the heart and blood vessels. Heart and vascular conditions range from coronary artery disease and heart failure to disorders of the peripheral vascular system.
Our team uses a collaborative approach to patient care. This means that we work closely together to create care plans for our patients. Team members include adult and pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons, a cardiovascular program coordinator, specially trained nurses, radiologists, critical and intensive care doctors, hospitalists and other experts.