Each year, we care for more than 90,000 trauma and emergency patients. And since we've been a Level I Trauma Center since 1989, that means you can trust Bronson when your life depends on it.
Why Choose Bronson Methodist Hospital for Trauma and Emergency?
- High quality trauma and critical care, which includes southwest Michigan's very first and now only Level I Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons
- Board-certified specialists in emergency medicine
- The first accredited Chest Pain Emergency Center in southwest Michigan
- A certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and a Stroke Center of Excellence designated by NeuStrategy and also one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™
- The only hospital in southwest Michigan that provides comprehensive burn treatment in our Burn and Wound Center
- The only children's hospital in southwest Michigan, which specializes in virtually every area of children's health and treats babies, children and adolescents
- This also includes high-risk pregnancy and premature infants in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- A fellowship-trained neurointerventional surgeon
- Kalamazoo County residents prefer Bronson 2-to-1 for trauma/major emergency care and for minor emergency care
- We have 51 private treatment rooms designated for specific conditions including cardiac, medical/surgical, orthopedic, etc.
"Thank you for saving my husband's life!" Read more about this wife's story.
"Kudos to the entire staff at Bronson Methodist Hospital [ER]." Read this patient's story after arriving with abdominal pain.
Trauma and Emergency Conditions We Treat
Our Trauma and Emergency Center treats all types of emergencies, from serious, life-threatening illnesses or injures to less severe conditions that require prompt medical attention. Conditions treated include:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart attack
- Severe burns
- Stroke symptoms
- Traumatic injury
For urgent, but not life-threatening conditions, you should visit your primary care provider first. However, if the illness or injury happens after hours or on weekends and you can't wait for an appointment, we can help with:
- Broken bones
- Influenza (flu)
- Sports injuries
- Strains or sprains
We'll do our best to see you as quickly as possible. However, priority is given to patients with the most severe illnesses and injuries.
Trauma and Emergency Services & Treatments
We offer a wide range of trauma and emergency services, including:
- Advanced testing, such as nuclear medicine, pulmonary and vascular testing
- Cardiac stress testing, EKG, stenting and catheterization
- Chest Pain Emergency Center
- Diagnostics and imaging, including CT, MRI, ultrasound and X-raysEmergency medicine physicians
- General and traumatic surgery, and surgical critical care
- Intensivists/critical care doctors
- Sophisticate technology and equipment
- Specialized stroke treatment protocols
Our Trauma and Emergency Team
Our specially trained emergency medicine doctors, trauma surgeons, nurses and other professionals are ready to act in an emergency when you need them most. We also offer:
For More Information About Trauma and Emergency