Hours by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call our office at (269) 704-3133 or complete the online appointment form.
Follow-up appointments are made before you leave the office. Sometimes we need to change your appointment due to an emergency. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our goal is to make sure that all patients are seen as quickly as possible. If you are late, we may ask you to reschedule.
Same Day Appointments: Call (877) 704-3133
For your convenience, Bronson Orthopedic Specialists offers same day orthopedic appointments, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Appointments must be made by calling (877) 704-3133. We are not able to accommodate walk-in appointments.
- You must call ahead for a same day appointment. This is due to insurance requirements and appointment openings.
- Your appointment will be based on provider and location availability and will be scheduled either here at our Marshall location, or at our North Avenue or Heritage Oak Lane locations in Battle Creek.
- Depending on the level of care you need and the time of day you call, you will be seen by an orthopedic provider that day. If you call after noon, we may need to schedule you for the next day.
- If you are a current patient, we will try to schedule your appointment with your orthopedic doctor. If your doctor is not available, we will offer you the first available appointment with another provider at our practice.
Your First Appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete the necessary forms. If you received a pre-registration packet in the mail please bring it with you if you didn’t return it prior to your appointment. Please bring a current medication list with you indicating the name of the medication(s) you are currently taking and the dosage.
Please bring all of your insurance cards with you to your appointment and a valid driver’s license or state identification card.
- If you have a managed care insurance plan, please be sure you have received authorization for your appointment before you come to our office.
- If you have a complex or chronic medical condition, additional information such as your medical record may be needed prior to scheduling your appointment. This helps ensure that we have the necessary information to provide you with the right care.
- If your injury is work-related we will require an authorization, claim number and billing information from your employer.
- If your injury is related to a motor vehicle accident or injury, you will need to provide us with the claim number and billing information when you check in for your appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to change an appointment, call our office at least one day before your appointment. This allows us to see other patients who need to see the doctor. If you repeatedly miss your scheduled appointments, we may ask you to find another doctor.