Bronson Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Providing highly specialized care to children and young adults with disorders of the blood or cancer.
We understand the importance of providing information and education to patients and families about their condition and treatment. This can be a frightening time for children and families and we take extra steps to provide comfort and support. Patients and families are at the center of our program. We treat children and young adults for:
- Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders
- Sickle Cell disease
- Blood clotting disorders
- And other rare blood disorders
Many of our patients with life-threatening or chronic conditions are covered by the Children’s Special Health Care program offered by the State of Michigan. Through this Children’s Multidisciplinary Specialty (CMS) Clinic, we offer medical services provided by nutritionists, physical therapists, psychologists and dentists.
Our staff provides personalized care that helps patients’ medical, emotional and social needs. It includes:
- Doctors who are board certified or eligible in pediatric hematology/oncology
- Nurses who are certified by the Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses
- Social workers and clinical research associates