Don’t let a lung condition stop you from living an active life. Our education and exercise program teaches you about your lungs and how to exercise and complete daily activities with less shortness of breath. In other words, how to live better with your lung condition.
Our program is nationally certified by the American Association for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Conditions We Treat
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a service designed for those with lung problems such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Interstitial lung disease
COPD and other chronic lung disease patient education classes are offered. This includes:
- Information about medications (drug interactions, side effects, how to use an inhaler)
- Understanding and using oxygen therapy
- Diet, nutrition, and weight management
- Breathing retraining
- Importance of exercise
- Strategies for managing breathing problems
- Symptom assessment
- Knowledge about when to seek medical treatment
An exercise plan is personalized to your needs. Exercise will help improve your endurance and muscle strength. You will be better able to perform daily activities.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Goals
- Reduce and control breathing difficulties and other symptoms
- Learn more about your disease, treatment options, and chronic disease coping strategies
- Learn to manage your disease and reduce your dependence on health professionals
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
There are many benefits that you can experience upon completion of the program such as:
- Improved quality of life
- Increased ability to exercise
- Decreased symptoms of your disease or condition
- Improved management of anxiety and depression
Talk to your doctor to find out if pulmonary rehabilitation is right for you. You must have a physician referral for pulmonary rehabilitation.
Located in Outpatient Center at Bronson Battle Creek Hospital. Parking is available adjacent to the building in Lot 4. Valet parking is available.