Asparagus and Farro Salad
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup farro
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 4 green onions
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a deep skillet. Add asparagus and chili flakes. Cook until tender (about four minutes). Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, combine farro and vegetable broth. Simmer.
- Once simmering, season the farro with pepper.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While farro is cooking, whisk together mustard and lemon juice. Slowly add olive oil.
- Once farro is done cooking, fold vinaigrette into the cooked farro.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients.
Nutrition per serving (per serving)
233 calories, 8g fat, 725mg sodium, 8g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 4g sugar, 10g protein
Download the printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.