Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- (2) 10 oz. jars Jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup yellow onion
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. cloves, ground
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil to medium-high heat.
- Add onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and cook until slightly thickened.
- Rinse and drain jackfruit. Remove any discolored pieces.
- Place jackfruit in a medium sauce pan and pour over sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or on a bun.
Nutrition per serving
83 calories, 2.2g fat, 199mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 1g protein
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.