Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Designates 17 Bronson Medical Practices as Patient-Centered Medical Homes
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has designated 17 Bronson medical practices as patient-centered medical homes for 2013. The designation places them among a select number of primary care practices in Michigan that are improving healthcare quality and lowering costs through a coordinated, team focus on their patients’ health and wellness.
A patient-centered medical home (PCMH) is comprised of a care team led by a primary care physician. The team monitors a patient’s health on an ongoing basis and coordinates their care across a spectrum of services and locations.
Patients who use PCMH practices often receive services that may not be offered elsewhere, such as 24-hour access to a care team, and coordination of specialty care like nutrition counseling, home care or links to community services. They also teach patients how to better-manage chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes.
Bronson’s medical practices are among 1,243 designated PCMH practices throughout the state that have seen positive collective results in improved care at lower costs. A recent analysis shows that the state-wide program saved approximately $155 million over its first three years, because of improved quality of care and preventive care that helped patients avoid emergency room visits and hospital stays.
The number of physicians earning PCMH designation from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has tripled since Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan first launched the program in 2009. "Now that we're in our fifth year of this program, we're seeing measurable improvement in patient outcomes, and doctors are telling us that their practices are more fulfilling, effective and efficient," said David Share, M.D., MPH, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan senior vice president, Value Partnerships.
The following Bronson Practices received PCMH Designation.
Calhoun County medical practices:
- Bronson Family Practice – Oak Ridge
- Bronson Internal Medicine – Fremont
- Bronson Internal Medicine – Oak Ridge
- Bronson Internal Medicine & Rheumatology
Kalamazoo County medical practices:
- Bronson Family Medicine Downtown
- Bronson Family Medicine Portage
- Bronson Internal Medicine Downtown
- Bronson Internal Medicine Associates
- Bronson Internal Medicine Oshtemo
- Bronson Rambling Road Pediatrics (Oshtemo)
- Bronson Rambling Road Pediatrics (Portage)
Van Buren County medical practices:
- Bronson LakeView Family Care Paw Paw - Suite A
- Bronson LakeView Family Care Paw Paw - Suite B
- Bronson LakeView Family Care Decatur
- Bronson LakeView Family Care Mattawan
- Bronson LakeView Family Care - Internal Medicine
- Bronson LakeView Family Care - Pediatrics
For additional information on Bronson’s medical practices visit bronsonhealth.com.