Blueberry Sun Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 8 cups mixed greens, washed
- 1 (15-oz.) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl and pour the dressing on top. Mix well.
- Add the drained oranges, feta cheese, blueberries and sunfIower seeds to the salad greens. Gently toss then serve immediately.
Choose lettuce and salad greens that are crisp and dry to the touch. Store unwashed in the refrigerator. Wash thoroughly when ready to use.
Nutrition per serving (per 1 ½ cup serving)
155 calories, 9g fat, 3g saturated fat, 12g carbohydrate, 6g protein, 4g fiber, 276mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.