Breakfast Avocado Toast
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 medium avocado
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup multicolored tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: sea salt
- Toast bread.
- As bread toasts, in a small bowl rough-mash avocado with a fork. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
- Spread cheese onto toast slices.
- Spread avocado on top of the cheese, then top with chopped tomatoes.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of olive oil onto each slice of toast.
- Grind fresh black pepper on top and sprinkle lightly with sea salt as desired.
Nutrition per serving (per slice of toast)
384 calories, 24g fat, 8g sat fat, 31g carbohydrates, 13g protein, 7g fiber, 20mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.