Bronson Battle Creek & Bronson Methodist Hospitals Present Nursing Assistants with Award for Excellence
Each year, Bronson Healthcare presents The Sunshine Award to team members who help our clinical staff provide exceptional care for patients and families. Honorees work in one of the following roles:
- Acute Care Assistant
- Anesthesia Techs
- Behavioral Health Worker
- Cardiac Techs
- Cath Lab Imaging Techs
- CVS Procedure Techs
- ED Techs
- Endo Techs
- Medical Assistants
- OB/Surgery Assistants
- Patient Safety Assistants
- Patient Care Assistants (PCAs)
- Surgical Techs
- Unit Clerks
Below are the recent award winners from Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo and Bronson Battle Creek Hospital. Read the nominations below to discover the important role these team members play in ensuring a positive experience for every patient, every time.
Bronson Battle Creek
- Amielin Hassenzahl is an acute care assistant on the neurovascular unit (NVU/C2). In her nomination letter, Amielin is described as a true gem. “I have seen Amielin many days during my stay. Each day she is full of joy, compassion and sincere love of her job. Though my stay has been very difficult for me, Amielin has helped me focus on what was going well. A great quality, positivity!” Read Amielin’s full nomination.
- Colbi Myers is a behavioral health worker at the Fieldstone Center. “Colbi helped me calm down by walking with me and offering his friendship to me. He made me feel worthy. He made me feel like a person, not just a patient. That is important for people with mental illness. Thank you for helping me to help myself.” Read Colbi’s full nomination.
Bronson Methodist Hospital
- Victor Rivera is a PCA at Bronson Methodist Hospital. He is a member of the float pool – meaning he rounds to different units of the hospital, working where he is most needed. “Victor went above and beyond his basic duties during my stay on the Ortho Surgery Unit,” his nomination reads. “He made sure my stay here was as comfortable and relaxing as possible. His work ethic and drive is what all his peers should strive to achieve.” Read Victor’s full nomination.
- Katee Nordahl is a PCA on the trauma care unit at Bronson Methodist Hospital. “2020 has been an especially difficult year for healthcare workers. Some days have only been made manageable by relying on the strength and positivity of amazing coworkers – like Katee. When morale was low, Katee was there to provide support and lend a hand. One instance where she was a huge support for me was when I was in a sad and ethically challenging patient scenario. She held my hand and made sure I was okay. Katee roots me on when I do something successful. She is a delight and joy to have on our team!” Read Katee full nomination.
Have you experienced Positivity from a Bronson nursing assistant? Share your story at bronsonpositivity.com. Your stories inspire us, and they inspire others!
Read about the recent Nursing Excellence Award winners from Battle Creek
Read about the recent Nursing Excellence Award winners from Kalamazoo
Read about the recent DAISY Award winners from Kalamazoo