Bronson Healthcare Recognizes Nurses for Providing Extraordinary Care
Pictured left to right: TOP row - Jami Dunn, RN (BLH), Hope Looney, BSN, RN (BSH), Angie Shifflet, BSN, RN (BBC), Danielle Cable, BSN, RN (BBC), Paige Greer, BSN, RN (BBC); BOTTOM ROW - Hannah Holroyd, BSN, RN (BBC), Chantal LaDuke, BSN, RN (BMH), Elin Nystrom, BSN, RN (BMH), Taylor Jones, BSN, RN (BMH), and Kim Kelly, RN (BMH)
10 registered nurses from across the Bronson system are recent recipients of the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses. These nurses have shown a commitment to going above-and-beyond to provide an exceptional healthcare experience for every patient, every time.
- At Bronson Battle Creek (BBC), recipients include Danielle Cable, RN, Paige Greer, RN, Hannah Holroyd, RN, and Angie Shifflett, RN. These nurses were nominated for the DAISY Award during the third quarter of 2018.
- At Bronson LakeView Hospital (BLH), Jami Dunn, RN, received the DAISY Award for the care she provided a patient during the second half of 2018.
- At Bronson Methodist Hospital (BMH), recipients include Taylor Jones, BSN, RN, Kim Kelly, RN, Chantal LaDuke, BSN, RN, and Elin Nystrom, BSN, RN. These nurses were nominated for the DAISY Award during the third quarter of 2018.
- At Bronson South Haven (BSH), Hope Looney, BSN, RN, received the DAISY Award for the care she provided a patient during the second half of 2018.
Nurses are nominated for the DAISY Award by patients, family members of patients and colleagues. Here is more information from their nominations:
- Danielle Cable, BSN, RN, is a nurse at the BBC BirthPlace. “Danielle is an amazing nurse and a great person. She took very good care of my wife. Our baby was born at 22 weeks and passed away. It is very hard to deal with this, but Danielle made the day with her care for my family. She made us feel at home. She made us smile and made my wife feel comfortable throughout this hard time. She is a great, kind-hearted person."
- Jami Dunn, RN, is a nurse on the Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) at BLH. “Jami went out of her way to be a kind, sociable nurse. She dropped by multiple times and talked to my family. I wish her the best of luck. Thank you for everything.”
- Paige Greer, BSN, RN, is a nurse on the Neuro Vascular Unit at BBC. "Paige worked extremely hard that afternoon and evening to relieve my extreme pain. She was proactive with medication and positioning of my leg. She came in the next day and told me she’d been thinking about me all night to find a way to help. She also got a back scratcher off the gift cart because I had itching problems!”
- Hannah Holroyd, BSN, RN, is a nurse on the Critical Care Unit at BBC. “When Hannah talks to you, it’s not only like she’s listening to you - but like she’s actually in the situation with you. She is so gentle and so caring and yet knows how to put her foot down. She too is a wonderful asset to Bronson Battle Creek."
- Taylor Jones, BSN, RN, is a nurse on the Neuro Critical Care Unit at BMH. “Taylor is a leader on our team who shines at bedside care. Taylor advocated for a trial of a speaking value device, so her patient’s husband could hear his wife’s voice. After 26 days, the patient was finally able to hear his wife’s voice when Taylor called the patient’s husband and held the phone up to his wife’s ear! This small act truly shows what a person is made of, and I am so proud to be on a team with someone like Taylor.”
- Kim Kelly, RN, is a nurse on the Prep and Recovery Unit (PRU) at BMH. “Kim did a great job caring for my mom while at the cath lab. Her professionalism, bedside care and knowledge were excellent. I really appreciate how she handled everything!”
- Chantal LaDuke, BSN, RN, is a women’s and children’s nurse at BMH. “Chantal never left our side while in the Labor and Delivery Unit. The four-day experience was an emotional roller coaster, and she brought us hope by always providing updates and methods for dealing with the pain. Chantal was our guardian angel. She didn’t consider us a number and treated us like family. We really couldn’t have done it without such a tremendous person who is clearly meant to be a nurse.”
- Hope Looney, BSN, RN, is a nurse in the Special Care Unit at BSH. “Hope was a joy to see and kept me calm. She was always smiling and knowing what was going to happen.”
- Elin Nystrom, BSN, RN, is a nurse on the Neurovascular Unit (NVU) at BMH. “With lots of surgeries causing me to spend way too much time in the hospital, I’ve realized that Elin stands out among the fantastic nurses at Bronson. All nurses should emulate her ability to go above-and-beyond by anticipating patients’ needs and making patients feel comfortable. You are a special person Elin. Thank you.”
- Angie Shifflet, BSN, RN, is a nurse on the Oncology/C5 Unit at BBC. “Angie is the ultimate example of a dedicated and compassionate nurse, not only for the patient but for the family as well. She sets an example for others which is evidence by the great care from all of the nursing staff. I am glad she was there during my mom’s passing."
To nominate a Bronson nurse for the DAISY Award, visit bronsonthankanurse.com. If you have experienced Bronson Positivity, share your story at bronsonpositivity.com. Your story can help bring Positivity and inspiration to others.
About the DAISY Award
The DAISY Award is supported by the not-for-profit DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Foundation. Bonnie and J. Mark Barnes created this foundation and award as a way to remember their son, J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick had a disease that attacked his body and was in the hospital for a long time. His nurses did such a great job with him that the Barnes family created an award that continues to recognize the excellent work nurses do every day.