Bronson Methodist Hospital Receives Environmental Excellence Award
Bronson Methodist Hospital (BMH) was awarded the 2015 “Greenhealth Partner for Change” Award by Practice Greenhealth. The award is one of the organization’s national Environmental Excellence Awards given each year. It recognizes superior performance in environmental sustainability in the healthcare sector.
Examples of the many initiatives underway at BMH include:
• Sustainable Food – 35% of the food served is purchased from local companies and growers.
• Preferable Purchasing Program –Medical devices made of safer, alternative materials are being purchased.
• Recycling – More than 383 tons of materials are recycled instead of being sent to landfills.
• Computer Power Management Software – Computers are automatically shut down when not in use and restarted when users are present.
• Bronson Bike2Work Club – More than 40 employees participate in the club which includes a mileage award program.
• Water Stations – Three stations are available on the North Campus, South Campus, and Gilmore Center to easily refill water bottles.
• Battery Stations – Three car-charging stations are accessible to employees and visitors in the Vine Street Parking Ramp.
This is the 13th consecutive year that BMH has received an award from Practice Greenhealth.