Bronson Nurses Awarded Nursing Scholarships
Congratulations to our Bronson 2016 Nursing Scholarship recipients!
Eight registered nurses (RNs) were selected to receive the scholarships this year. There were 17 applicants from across the Bronson Healthcare system. “I am incredibly proud of the many nurses committed to continuing their education,” says Denise Neely, MBA, BSN, vice president and system chief nursing officer. “The nursing scholarship supports professional nursing development and keeps our nursing division informed of new research, changes in nursing practice and healthcare reforms.”
Five RNs, who are pursuing Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees, will receive $3,000 each. Three RNs, who are pursuing Master of Science in Nursing degrees, will receive $5,000 each.
The scholarships are made possible through the Bronson Health Foundation’s Margaret H. Varney Scholarship Endowment. Varney was a graduate of the Bronson School of Nursing and employee of Bronson Methodist Hospital. To honor a nurse or to donate to the nursing scholarship fund, visit bronsonthankanurse.com.
BSN Award Recipients:
- Conor Early, RN, CCRN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Katelyn Ronk, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Women’s and Children’s Volume Influx Pool
- Dawn Parsell, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, OB/Labor & Delivery Unit
- Mary Westrate, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, OB/Mother Baby Unit
- Linda Hughes, RN, Bronson LakeView Hospital, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
MSN Award Recipients:
- Lauren Blaine, BSN, RN, CCRN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
- Jacqulynn Maher, BSN, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Admissions Unit
- Anna Nieboer, BSN, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, OB/Labor & Delivery Unit
Continuing education support is just one of the many perks of working at Bronson. Visit bronsonhealth.com/careers to join our team.