Bronson Nurses Awarded Nursing Scholarships for 2020 School Year
Congratulations to the 2020 Bronson Nursing Scholarship recipients! Out of 28 applicants across the Bronson system, eight registered nurses (RNs) will receive scholarships to help them pursue advanced nursing degrees. The annual scholarship program is made possible through the generosity of Bronson Health Foundation donors.
“At Bronson, we’re committed to raising the bar and providing exceptional care experiences for every patient, every time,” states Denise Neely, MBA, BSN, Sr. Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Bronson Methodist Hospital and System Chief Nursing Officer. “Obtaining a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree is a way to ensure our team grows professionally. These advanced nursing degrees help nurses grow their skill sets and knowledge, so they are even more prepared to take on the challenges facing our current healthcare environment. It benefits not only the individual, but the profession and practice of nursing as well.”
2020 BSN Award Recipients:
- Amy Flessner, RN, Bronson South Haven, Case Manager
- Patty Katje, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Brent LaLone, RN, Bronson Battle Creek, Surgery
- David VanDeraa, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Neuro Critical Care Unit (NCCU)
- Erica Vazquez, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Pre-Admissions Unit
2020 MSN Award Recipients:
- Gervine Brown, BSN, RN, Bronson LakeView Hospital, Emergency Department (ED)
- Alison Guerin, BSN, RN, Bronson Battle Creek, Emergency Department (ED)
- Sue South, BSN, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Surgery
Funds for the Nursing Scholarship come from the Bronson Health Foundation Margaret H. Varney Scholarship Endowment. Varney was a graduate of the Bronson School of Nursing and an employee of Bronson Methodist Hospital. Anyone who wishes to contribute to this fund is encouraged to visit bronsonfoundation.com.
Have you experienced Positivity from a Bronson nurse? Share the story on bronsonpositivity.com, or nominate them for a DAISY Award at bronsonthankanurse.com.