Bronson Nurses Awarded Nursing Scholarships for 2021 School Year
Congratulations to our most recent Bronson Nursing Scholarship recipients! Out of 14 applicants across the Bronson system, eight registered nurses (RNs) will receive scholarships to help them pursue advanced nursing degrees. The annual scholarship program is made possible through the Bronson Health Foundation’s Margaret H. Varney Scholarship Endowment.
“At Bronson, everything we do is about getting better, doing the right thing, and bringing you the best possible care,” explains Denise Neely, MBA, BSN, senior vice president and chief operating officer at Bronson Methodist Hospital and system chief nursing officer at Bronson Healthcare. “The healthcare industry is constantly evolving. Ensuring our nurses have the resources needed to obtain a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree helps them grow professionally. With advanced degrees, our nurses build new skills and knowledge that they can bring back to their practice, so they are even more prepared to take on the challenges we face every day. Advanced education not only benefits the student, but the entire profession and practice of nursing as well.”
BSN Award Recipients:
- Amanda Burnett, RN, NRP, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Mother & Baby Unit
- Melissa Chopp, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Pediatrics
- Brent LaLone, RN, Bronson Battle Creek, Surgery
- Christine Molenda, RN, RNC-OB, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Labor & Delivery
- Maria VanDyke, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Women’s & Children/Float Pool
MSN Award Recipients:
- Gervine Brown, BSN, RN, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Admissions Unit
- Alison Guerin, BSN, RN, Bronson Battle Creek, Emergency Department
- Stacy Sharp, BSN, RN, Bronson Commons, Skilled Nursing
This Nursing Scholarship is funded by Bronson Health Foundation’s Margaret H. Varney Scholarship Endowment. Varney was a graduate of the Bronson School of Nursing and an employee of Bronson Methodist Hospital. Anyone who wishes to contribute to this fund is encouraged to visit bronsonfoundation.com.
Have you experienced Positivity from a Bronson nurse? Share your story on bronsonpositivity.com, or nominate them for a DAISY Award at bronsonthankanurse.com.