Bronson Welcomes Community Donations of Unused Personal Protective Equipment, Supplies, Homemade Masks and Monetary Gifts
Due to the critical shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfecting supplies nationwide, Bronson Healthcare is turning to the community for donations of specific new or unused items, as well as home-sewn face masks. Starting Monday, March 23, Bronson will begin collecting items at four sites in the region. These donations will add to the inventory Bronson has already built up as part of its preparedness efforts to protect staff as they care for patients with COVID-19 over the coming weeks.
New and unused items that Bronson will accept include:
- N-95 masks, sometimes called respirators
- Disposable surgical face masks
- Face shields
- Disposable isolation gowns
- Medical gloves (latex-free, nitrile preferred): For the safety of our patients, we cannot accept donations of latex gloves.
- Hand sanitizer*
- Sanitizing wipes* (preferably Clorox or Lysol-branded wipes)
- Infrared or forehead thermometers
Bronson is also accepting specialized medical equipment items, including: PAPRs (powered air-purifying respirators) and PAPR hoods, nasal testing swabs, and viral testing kits.
Additionally, Bronson is accepting home-sewn face masks. These will be used by staff in appropriate areas to help protect staff and conserve the supply of PPE. Download template and instructions.
Hand-sewn masks are not a replacement for proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and should not be worn in situations where medical PPE is required.
All donations must be dropped off in-person. Items that list expiration dates must be unexpired. It is essential that nobody involved in the creation, distribution or delivery of new/unused materials or homemade masks have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or have recently been exposed to anyone experiencing these symptoms or who has been tested positive for COVID-19.
Bronson is not able to accept the following items: medication, blankets, toys, clothing or other medical supplies.
Bronson will be collecting the acceptable new/unused items from businesses, organizations and community members at the following four locations Monday through Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Portage: Bronson Diagnostics at Woodbridge, 2640 W. Centre St.
- Battle Creek: Bronson Urology Specialists, 4441 Capital Avenue Southwest
- Paw Paw: Bronson LakeView Hospital Main Entrance at 408 Hazen St., at the main reception desk
- South Haven: Bronson South Haven Hospital Emergency Department Entrance at 955 S. Bailey Ave., at the main reception desk
Dropping off donations to Bronson is allowed under Governor’s stay home order.
Anyone with questions or needing additional information, please contact Josh Fitzgibbon, Community Activities Branch Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rapid Response Fund
Monetary donations are also welcome and can be made to the Bronson Health Foundation online at bronsonhealthfoundation.com or by mail to:
Bronson Health Foundation
301 John Street, Box C
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
For more information about COVID-19, visit bronsonhealth.com/coronavirus-covid-19.