Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Toss Brussels sprouts, apple, red onion and walnuts together in a large bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl, whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until well coated. Serve cold.
If you want a warm salad instead, try roasting Brussels sprouts for about 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F and then combine with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition per serving (per 1 cup serving)
148 calories, 11.7g fat, 1.4g saturated fat, 10.5g carbohydrate, 2.7g protein, 2.7g fiber, 77mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.