Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed (about 1-1½ lb. squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups loosely packed kale, finely chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover butternut squash with olive oil and place in a single layer on cookie sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until squash is soft and begins to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, start cooking quinoa according to package directions.
- While squash and quinoa are cooking, combine dressing ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk until combined. Add chopped kale into dressing until kale begins to soften. Set aside.
- Combine cooked quinoa, roasted squash, diced apple, pecans, pumpkin seeds and dressed kale in a large bowl. Salt to taste. Can be served warm or cold.
Nutrition per serving (per 1 cup serving)
351 calories, 22.8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 33.5g carbohydrate, 7.1g protein, 6.9g fiber, 33mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.