Easy Kale Caesar Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and health educators.
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped with ribs removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked according to directions
- 2-3 tablespoons Bolthouse Farms Creamy Caesar yogurt dressing
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place massaged kale (see prep tip), tomatoes and pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dressing and lemon juice. Mix to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Optional add-ins: croutons, sunflower seeds, grated carrots.
Tear the kale, ribs removed, into bite-size pieces. With clean hands, scrunch bunches of kale in your hands for about five minutes. The leaves will turn dark green and shrink in size. If you wish, add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt before massaging to enhance the process.
Nutrition Per Serving
207 calories | 4 g fat | 1 g saturated fat | 10 g protein | 39 g carbohydrates | 7 g fiber | 207 mg sodium