Farmers' Market Kale Salad
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians.
- 1 bunch of curly kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped seasonal fruit, like strawberries, blueberries or peaches
- ¼ cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Massage the kale with olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Make sure all leaves are coated and continue to massage for about two minutes (this is the trick to a tender kale salad). Let set for 15 minutes.
- Add fruit and nuts to kale mixture.
- Mix lemon juice and honey together and pour over salad. Toss gently. Add more salt to taste.
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.
Download a printable version of this recipe