Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 4 medium peaches, ripe but still firm
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Mix well but not too roughly.
- Serve immediately or chill and use within 24 hours.
Gently press or squeeze the shoulder and tip (where the stem was) of the peach. If it just starts to give, it’s ripe and ready to eat. For this salsa, use peaches that are slightly firm. Store peaches at room temperature, stem side down.
Nutrition per serving (per ½ cup serving)
72 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 18g carbohydrate, 2g protein, 3g fiber, 50mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.