Heart-Healthy Pie Crust Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons skim milk
- Put all ingredients except 1 teaspoon flour into food processor. Process until dough begins to stick.
- Form pie dough into a disk about 4-inches in diameter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat surface and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon of flour.
- Put dough on floured surface and press lightly. Then, turn dough over to allow flour to stick to both sides.
- Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap and roll dough out to a 10-inch diameter circle.
- Use finished dough for your favorite pie recipe.
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.