Heart Healthy Snack Mix Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 2 cups Cheerios® or whole grain cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds, unsalted
- ½ cup walnuts, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup raisins, no sugar added
- ½ cup dried cranberries, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix Cheerios, oats, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Stir water and vanilla extract into the oat mixture.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy. Stir the mixture after 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir raisins and cranberries into mixture.
Nutrition per serving
Serves 10 (1/2 cup servings)
149 calories | 7 g fat | 33 mg sodium | 50 g carbohydrates | 6 g sugar | 4 g protein
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.