Italian Zucchini and Turkey Skillet
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- Non-stick cooking spray or 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans no-salt added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (Italian-style)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3-4 medium zucchini, sliced and halved or quartered
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, basil or green onion
- Optional: salt to taste
- Spray a large non-stick pan with cooking spray, or heat olive oil in pan until hot.
- Brown turkey and chopped onion over medium heat until turkey is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes with juice, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini and stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender but not mushy.
- Taste and season with salt if desired.
- Serve over cooked pasta, rice or quinoa.
Nutrition per serving
*Nutrition counts don't include any pasta, rice, quinoa or other side served with the skillet mix
175 calories, 7g fat, 1g carbohydrates, 18g protein, 4g fiber, 183mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.