Lemon Basil and Tomato Zoodles Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and patted dry
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- ½ fresh lemon, juiced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped chiffonade-style
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Turn the zucchini into zoodles using a vegetable spiralizer. Place zoodles in a colander for 15 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the zoodles, sliced tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors set.
- Add the grated cheese, stir again and serve.
- Will keep 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
Buy zucchini that are no longer than 6 inches long and 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Zucchini should have firm, shiny and slightly prickly skin, be free of cuts and blemishes, and have at least an inch of stem attached.
Nutrition per serving (per ½ cup serving)
134 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 7g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 2g fiber, 121mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.