Lightened-up Apple Crisp Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
Pie Filling Ingredients
- 3 medium baking apples, cored and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
Pie Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heart-healthy tub margarine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all four filling ingredients and place into a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over the apples.
- Bake at 325 degrees 30 minutes or until apples are soft and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition per serving
127.4 calories | 3.4g fat | 33.9mg sodium | 25.2g carbohydrates | 1.5g protein
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.