Low-Sodium Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1 lb. frozen green beans (French cut is best)
- 1 can low-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 dish, combine green beans, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir until well-mixed and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the casserole bakes, spread out onion sticks and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour over onion pieces, tossing to coat equally.
- Coat a medium-large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Remove casserole from oven and add half the onions and stir well.
- Top with remaining onions and return to oven to bake from 5 more minutes.
Nutrition per serving
Serves 10 (1/2 cup servings)
79.5 calories | 1.9g fat | 44.1mg sodium | 11.5g carbohydrates | 5.2g sugar
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.