Mexican Kale Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 3 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup red onions, finely diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk olive oil, lime juice and cumin together in a large bowl. Add kale to dressing. Massage dressing into kale until kale begins to soften.
- Once quinoa is done cooking, add quinoa and remaining ingredients to kale. Toss well to combine. Serve cold.
Nutrition per serving (per ½ cup serving)
282 calories, 13.3g fat, 1.6g saturated fat, 33.9g carbohydrate, 9.4g protein, 7.5g fiber, 157mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.