Mexican Street Corn Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1/4 cup olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4-1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija or feta
- cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for serving
- 2 small or one medium garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 8 ears shucked corn
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Tajin spice (optional)
- Clean and lightly spray the grate of a gas grill with cooking spray. Set the grill to medium heat and preheat five minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream or Mexican crema, cheese, chili powder, garlic and cilantro. Stir well.
- When grill is hot, place corn directly on grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides (about 8 minutes).
- Remove corn from the grill. Using a butter knife, evenly coat grilled corn on all sides with cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cheese and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and/or a sprinkle of Tajin.
Nutrition per serving (1/2 cup servings)
96 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat fat, 11g carbohydrate, 8g protein, 6.5g fiber, 156mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.