New Partnership Forms Areas Most Comprehensive Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group
Bronson, HealthCare Midwest and K Valley Orthopedics, P.C./Southwestern Michigan Sportsmedicine Clinic have partnered to form Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, the area’s most comprehensive multi-disciplinary group of orthopedic and sports medicine physicians. Twenty-three physicians represent a wide variety of orthopedic subspecialties including fellowship-trained foot; ankle and lower extremity trauma; hand, wrist and elbow; adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee; microvascular; spine disorders; sports medicine; and orthopedic trauma.
“This partnership is creating positive momentum in orthopedic care and sports medicine today, and for the future. Getting all of these orthopedic specialists together is a strength this region has never had before,” said David Christ, M.D., a Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine orthopedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement, arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder, and orthopedic trauma surgery. “The advantage to patients in southwest Michigan will be much more seamless care. No matter what their specific problem, we have the specialist to care for them.”
In late 2010, K Valley Orthopedics, P.C./Southwestern Michigan Sportsmedicine Clinic joined HealthCare Midwest. Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine includes five locations in southwest Michigan.
* Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 601 John St., Suite M-206B, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 488-8350, (800) 782- 9258
* Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Hand and Elbow Surgery, 601 John St., Suite M-230, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 349-8601 or (800)-782-9258
* Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Spine & Scoliosis Center, 601 John St., Suite M-206A, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 488-8355, (800) 782-9258
* Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (Formerly K Valley Orthopedics), 315 Turwill Lane, Kalamazoo, MI 49006, (269) 343-8170
* Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 601 John St., Suite M-424, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 349-3350
Under the new partnership, Bronson will assume responsibility for billing for physicians’ services, but office visits and scheduling will be handled by each practice as they are today. Physicians and their patients will continue to select and use the hospital of their choice.
This new partnership – Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine – is dedicated to providing the highest quality orthopedic and sports medicine care to the community with:
1. The most subspecialty and fellowship trained orthopedic and sports medicine physicians.
2. More collective experience in orthopedics and sports medicine.
3. A high level of collaboration and the combined strength and resources from HealthCare Midwest, K Valley Orthopedics, P.C./ Southwestern Michigan Sportsmedicine Clinic and Bronson.
Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine offers a full range of services including treatment for:
* Bone fractures
* Bone and joint infections
* Hand and elbow injuries
* Foot and ankle injuries
* Joint diseases and injuries
* Knee and shoulder injuries
* Spinal injuries
* Sports injuries
Bronson Orthopedics & Sports Medicine also provides unrivaled, highly specialized services, including:
* Hand, wrist, and elbow
* Sports Medicine
* Adult Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip & Knee
* Foot, ankle, & lower extremity trauma
* Orthopedic trauma
* Spine disorders
* Joint reconstruction and revision
* Shoulder Arthroscopy
* General Orthopedics
Pediatric orthopedic care is also available at The Children’s Hospital at Bronson, southwest Michigan’s only children’s hospital.
While some patients may not need surgical treatment, Bronson provides advanced outpatient and inpatient surgery when needed. With 18 state-of-the-art surgical suites, Bronson is the site for thousands of orthopedic procedures each year. This includes a range of arthroscopic and other minimally invasive surgeries. In fact, Bronson is ranked among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for joint replacement surgery and is best rated in Kalamazoo for overall orthopedics, according to HealthGrades®;.
For more information, visit bronsonorthopedicsandsportsmedicine.com.
Bronson Methodist Hospital, located at 601 John St. in downtown Kalamazoo, Mich., is the flagship of Bronson Healthcare Group, a not-for-profit healthcare system serving all of southwest Michigan and northern Indiana. With 405 licensed beds and all private rooms, Bronson Methodist Hospital provides care in virtually every specialty — cardiology, orthopedics, surgery, emergency medicine, neurology, oncology — with advanced capabilities in critical care as a Level I Trauma Center; in neurological care as a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center; in cardiac care as the region’s first accredited Chest Pain Emergency Center; in obstetrics as the leading BirthPlace and only high-risk pregnancy center in southwest Michigan, and in pediatrics as one of only five children's hospitals in the state.
Bronson serves the largest percentage of Medicaid patients in the area and provides a substantial benefit to the community through outreach and charitable care. It is the recipient of the 2005 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation's highest presidential honor for quality and organizational performance excellence. In 2009, the hospital received the AHA McKesson Quest for Quality Prize awarded annually to only one U.S. hospital, was named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters, and joined the top five percent of hospitals in the nation to be designated a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence. Bronson is also ranked in the top five percent of hospitals in the nation as a 2009-10 HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence. For more information, visit bronsonhealth.com.