Visitation Policy at Bronson Commons in Response to COVID-19
Due to the ongoing presence of COVID-19 in our community, we currently have visitor restrictions in place to protect patients, staff and visitors.
General Visiting Guidelines
- All visits must be by appointment, limit two (2) visitors, age 12 or over, including outside. Call the Visitor Hotline to schedule: (269) 283-5333. We will return your call by the next business day. If you are not the patient’s emergency contact or designated health care advocate, coordinate your visit with them to ensure the patient’s support needs will be met.
- New patients who are not fully vaccinated, or who have been exposed anyone with COVID within the prior 14 days, are subject to a 10-day isolation/observation period to monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID. Visits are suspended during this period. ‘Fully vaccinated’ means two or more weeks following the receipt of the last dose of the vaccine. When this observation period has ended, patients may have in-room visits.
- Visits must be suspended, including compassionate visits, for any patient who is under observation for COVID or has tested positive for COVID. Visitor guidelines are subject to immediate change in the event of a COVID outbreak at the facility.
- There may be additional circumstances when we cannot allow a visit. We will discuss this with you when responding to your Visitor Hotline request.
- Visitors may bring a well-behaved pet. Pets must be directly supervised and on leash at all times. Pet visits cannot be allowed in the café. Bring printed proof of up-to-date vaccines, including Rabies vaccine, at the time of your visit. We must keep this on file. We reserve the right to deny admission to pets on a case-by-case basis. As the weather gets warmer, please do not leave pets in your vehicle. There are no shaded parking spots.
Visiting Appointment Times
In-Room Visit Appointments are available every half hour, with no time limit as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Your Step by Step Guide to Visits at Bronson Commons
- Call the Visitor Hotline: (269) 283-5333 to schedule your visit. We will return your call by the next business day.
- Do not schedule a visit if you have symptoms of COVID or have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Visits must be by appointment per latest MDHHS recommendations.
- Two (2) individuals are allowed per visit, age 12 and up.
- When you leave a message, tell us your name, who you are visiting, and the date/time you will arrive.
ARRIVAL AND SCREENING
- When you arrive, park in the visitor lot.
- Put on your mask to enter the building.
- Complete all screening questions. If you have any symptoms of COVID or infectious illness, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID in the past 14 days, we cannot permit you to visit. If you prefer, you may print the screening form and complete it before you arrive (except for temperature).
- We will take your temperature. If you have a fever we cannot permit you to visit.
- After screening, sanitize hands.
- If you are wearing a cloth mask, we will provide a surgical mask to you.
WEAR YOUR MASK
- Per current MDHHS, CMS, OSHA and CDC guidelines for this healthcare setting: Visitors must wear a mask properly at all times including outside. Wearing a mask is required regardless of vaccine status.
LIMIT TRAFFIC AND KEEP DISTANCE
- Go directly to the visit location. Limit traffic in the patient hallways.
- You may spend time in the courtyards during your visit. Go directly to the nearest courtyard and back – limit traffic in the hallways.
- Maintain a six foot distance from others at all times, including outside.
- Do not share food.
- When the visit is over, leave the visit site promptly.
- Go directly to the building exit.
Other Visit Types
Call our visit hotline for other visit types: (269) 283-5333. We will return your call by the next business day. Leave the name of the visitor(s), phone number, and the patient you would like to visit.
Here is a summary of other visit types and the current status for each visit:
- Outdoor visits. You may spend time in the courtyards during your visit. Please limit traffic in patient hallways. If you would like to spend time outside, go directly to the courtyard nearest the visit location (patient’s room or café). When you come inside, return directly to the visit location (patient’s room or café). Maintain a six foot distance from others at all times, and wear masks properly at all times, even when outside. Please take turns with other families to ensure everyone has a chance to be outside together.
- Window visits. Please respect other patients’ privacy and healing by sharing window visits at the designated front window only. Window visits are available by appointment. Some restrictions may apply.
- Video visits. Video visits are available by appointment for a set duration of time.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we keep your loved ones safety and well-being our top priority.