Tasty Blueberry Corn Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Chris Flood, nutrition educator from Bronson Wellness Center in South Haven, shares one of her favorite, unique recipes featuring fresh, local produce.
Blueberry Corn Salad
- 2 ½ cups fresh corn, cut off the cob (approx. 3 ears)*
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
- ½ English cucumber, sliced into rounds, then halved or quartered*
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 handful basil, sliced into thin shreds
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil (can substitute for canola or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
*Want a low carb option? Only use 1 ¾ cups of corn, and use a full cucumber.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together corn, onion and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and honey.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the corn mixture. Mix well.
- Gently stir in blueberries and fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition info per serving: 210 calories, 9 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 34 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams protein, 4 grams fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium
To learn more tips for eating healthy, attend a nutrition education class or cooking demonstration at Bronson Wellness Center.
View a list of upcoming classes now